The information on this site is intended as a general reference for Internet users. It is made available on the understanding that the Commonwealth, as a result of providing this information, is not engaged in providing professional advice.
While Treasury will make every reasonable effort to maintain current and accurate information on this site, users should be aware that the Treasury accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any material contained on this site and recommends that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to its use.
The material on this site may include views or recommendations of third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views of the Commonwealth, or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
Links to other websites are inserted for convenience and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated organisation, product or service.
The listing of a person or organisation in any part of this website in no way implies any form of endorsement by the Commonwealth of the products or services provided by that person or organisation.
This site is designed to provide information about the National Conversation about Tax Reform. We also want to encourage conversation about the problems, challenges and opportunities for the Australian tax system. Posts to this site are pre-moderated.
Please keep your comments polite. We ask that you follow our posting guidelines, listed below. If you do not comply, your comments may be removed. Repeat offenders will be permanently blocked.
- Comments should be relevant to the subject of Tax Reform.
- Comments should be respectful of others and their opinions.
- Comments should not be inflammatory or abusive. They should not be in any way racist, sexist, discriminatory or offensive.
- Comments should not be defamatory.
- Comments should not include any promotion of non-government entities.
- All comments must be in accordance with relevant laws.
There are also a few other things you should know when using this page:
- Be aware of our copyright and intellectual property rights before posting online. Remember to consider your personal privacy before making any comments. What type of information do you really want to share online?
- Links to external sites do not constitute official endorsement of those sites.
- This site is run by a small team and we will endeavor to respond to genuine queries but cannot guarantee responses to all comments.
And finally, be aware that copyright of all images on this page remains with the Tax White Paper Task Force within the Department of the Treasury. The images may be reproduced for personal, non-commercial purposes. However, permission is required if you intend to use the images on this page for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use. Please contact the Tax White Paper Taskforce at BetterTax@Treasury.gov.au to discuss permission and attribution arrangements.
We hope that you will check this site regularly for information about Tax Reform and are happy to receive any suggestions on how to improve.